I just looked up the history of the words "thankful", and it is related to think or thoughts or "good thoughts".
I admit I do not always think good thoughts. It's a shame, but at least I am talking about it (here).
I WILL MAKE A HUGE EFFORT to think good thoughts. And perhaps this energy will change me and my world, and the world.
I am thankful for:
- the gifts of food sent from a church in Florida for Sandy victims to a dinner I attended..
- I have never been truly hungry.
- I once had a wonderful dog named Fred (she's passed on)
- my family
- the house I live in
- I have friends
- I have a car
- I have realized I do think bad thoughts (unthankful & bad Karma)
- on and on and on and on......